Week ending June 12th

Last summer I felt like I trained pretty hard. I didn't keep a training log, but I usually ran with a GPS watch. My watch stores all the runs I take it on. So, I have an incomplete training log from last summer. My biggest week, of watch-carrying runs, was 49.86 miles, 10 weeks before my 100-miler. This week I beat that number by 2 miles with 14 weeks until the Bear 100.

50 miles in a week is a sort of milestone, for me. It's half my race distance, half my weekly peak volume and it's more than I've ever recorded in a training week. Hopefully I can stay on my training plan for the next 14 weeks.

My biggest weeks I can think of:
  • two 200+ mile weeks on the PCT in 2009
  • two 100+ mile weeks when I raced Wasatch 100 in '09, '10
  • one 65 mile week when I raced Wifmer '10

Mon: 8
Tues: 5
Wed: 6
Thurs: 13
Fri: 4
Sat: 16

WEEKLY TOTALS
52 miles; 6,500'

Other news:
My brother gets home from the Philippines on Wednesday and Haley gets here Tuesday. I'm a little more excited to see Haley. It's been 10 days since I've seen her. Mckay's been gone 24 months. Sorry, bro.

Oh, and Haley and I are running Ragnar this week.

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2011 Gnar Jogging | Powered by Blogger | Template by 54BLOGGER