Simplicity

A few summers ago I got really interested in backpacking. It's the simplest way of life to me. You put everything you need in a bag, put that bag on your back and walk down a path. When the path ends, you're done.



Part of the enjoyment, for me, of backpacking is simplifying what you carry. I get a kick out of leaving everything but the absolute essentials at home. My pack weighed about 8 lbs for my 430-mile section hike of the PCT.

Each day that you're on the trail, your objective is clear and simple: stay on the path, moving in the right direction. As long as your not getting lost or going the wrong direction, you'll eventually make it to the end of the path: your goal.



Simplicity is what attracts me to backpacking as well as running trails. I've recently graduated and am starting a new phase in life. I hope to keep my objectives as clear and simple in life as they are while on the trails.

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2011 Gnar Jogging | Powered by Blogger | Template by 54BLOGGER