Get down with the sickness

I woke up with a sore throat this morning. I think this is the fourth time I've been sick since I graduated in the end of April. In July, I had a two-week sinus infection shortly followed by a two-week viral throat infection. It's been a full month since I last posted because I've hardly had any running to record here. I could count the miles I ran in July on about 40 fingers.

Although I did have a couple good runs last week around Timp, I'm back on the injured list. Hopefully this only lasts a couple days so I can squeeze in a 6 weeks of desperate training before the Bear 100 on September 23rd. My goal of a sub-24 hour finish seems a lot more unrealistic than it did at the beginning of June. Everything has to go just right from now until the finish line on the shore of Bear Lake for me to reach that goal.

On a brighter note, I'm getting married in a 7 days. Followed by a honeymoon in Portland and some backpacking in the Sawtooths.

Whatup

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2011 Gnar Jogging | Powered by Blogger | Template by 54BLOGGER